Daily general knowledge and current affairs update (3rd December 2018) for the students who are preparing for any government jobs or any other competitive exams like Bank PO / IBPS, MBA CET, SSC, STI, MPSC/UPSC, etc.
Current Affairs and General knowledge Update for 3rd December 2018
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) agreed to take over GlaxoSmithKline(GSK) on Monday, in a £3.1 billion all-stock deal, which is Indias biggest consumer goods deal.
- HDFC bank has withdrawn its app from google play store & Apple App store as users complained of being unable to access it.
Science & Technology
- The International Space Station has debuted its first interactive, free-floating artificial intelligence powered robot CIMON (crew interactive mobile companion) in a recently released video
- A circuit board and manual for Apple’s first computer for $75, is set for auction on December 5 in New York.
The 2nd edition of International Brand Equity Real Estate Awards 2018 was held recently in Goa and here are some of the award winners:
- Best Residential Project for Gopalan Olympia: Gopalan Enterprises
- Best Luxury Villas Project for Kasu Vana: Kasu Assets Development Pvt. Ltd.
- Best Premium Apartment Project for Raga: Kolte Patil Developers Ltd.
- Best Mixed Used development Project for Embassy Springs: Embassy Group
- Best Luxury Apartment Project for Urbana: Bengal NRI Complex Limited
- Best Residential High-rise Project for iTowers Exente: Kolte Patil Developers Ltd.
- Best Super Luxury Apartment Project for Ten BKC: Radius Developers.
- Chris Gayle has been awarded $220,770 in damages in a defamation case against an Australian Newspaper that claimed that windies cricketer had exposed himself in front of a female masseur during the 2015 cricket world cup.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the only wicketkeeper to have captained India in its 86-year test cricket history.
- Ullas Narayan receives bronze in the International Association of Ultra Running. On Sunday Ullas became the first ever Indian individual medal winner in an international ultra running event, 24 Hour Asia & Oceania Championships.
- A part of Eiffel Towers staircase was auctioned for Rs. 1.3crore, which is three times the original estimate, at an auction in Paris on Tuesday.
- the staircase was 129- year old, 14 feet in height and weighs 900Kgs .it connected the top two floors of Eiffel Tower before it was cut out in 1983 to install a lift.