Daily general knowledge and current affairs update for the students who are preparing for any government jobs or any other competitive exams like Bank PO / IBPS, MBA CET, SSC, STI, MPSC/UPSC, etc.
- State Bank of India has increased fixed deposit rates from 6.7% to 6.8% for some selected maturity periods & the interest rate for senior citizens goes up from 7.2% to 7.3 %.
- SBI is now offering interest of 6.80% on fixed deposits with a maturity period between two & three years.
- Rates are same on FDs with other maturity periods.
- Arvind Saxena has been appointed as the new chairman of Union Public Service Commission, he will take the charge from August 7, 2020.
- LG Electronics has now appointed Brain Kwon as the new president. He is replacing Hwang Jeong-hwan after one year.
- Azim Premji, chairman of IT giant Wipro received the distinction from the Ambassador of France to India Alexandre Ziegler in Bengaluru. The award was bestowed on Azim Premji for his outstanding contribution to developing the information technology industry in India.
- Donbass directed by Sergei Loznitsa has won the coveted Golden Peacock Award at the 49th international Film Festival of India (IFFI).
STATES IN NEWS
- Himachal Pradesh is the first stage to launch “112” which is the single emergency number connecting police, fire, and other helplines.
- India & China have signed a protocol on hygiene and inspection requirements for the exports, in New Delhi during the visit of Chinese vice minister, General Administration of Customs of China Hu Wei.
- Naval exercise between India & the UK, KONKAN held in Goa this year, KONKAN exercise provides a platform for the two Navies to periodically exercise at sea and in the harbor, so as to build interoperability and share best practices.
Science and technology
- University Grants Commission, UGC has decided to set up a consortium of Academic and research ethics (CARE) which will be preparing a fresh list of credible quality journals in the non-science disciplines.
- ISRO launches Indias HysIS satellite with 30 foreign satellites from six nations.
- A Campaign has been launched to spread Pan-India Awareness About Hepatitis Disease by the Institute of live and biliary sciences and it aims at empowering people against Hepatitis.